This Month's Focus: Push and Pull

This Month's Focus: Push and Pull

This Month's Focus: Push and Pull

Did you test your max pull ups and push ups on Friday? If not, you may want to do a quick pre-assessment of where you are this week, because for the next six weeks, we'll be focusing on improving your pushing and pulling strength.

Each weekday, we will include some exercises to build solid shoulders by working the small stabilizing muscles that do not get enough attention. These movements will help prevent shoulder injuries by creating more balance among muscles. After these stabilization exercises, we'll perform work sets of specific movements to improve your pulling, pushing, rowing, and overhead pressing. 

On Mondays and Thursdays, consistent pull up and push up sets will be performed. Please follow the rep schemes carefully, as these should NOT be max effort days. There should be no failed sets--but rather, all sets should be consistent in form and reps. It may take a week to figure out your appropriate weight choices. Please see below to get an idea of where you should start on your pull up and push up sets:

Based on Pre-test

 

PULL UPS:

0-4 Strict Pull ups = Band

5-8 Strict Pull ups = Body weight sets for 3 weeks, light weighted sets for weeks 4-6

More than 8 Strict Pull ups = Weighted Pull ups (Increase every 2 weeks)

 

PUSH UPS:

0-10 Push ups = Incline on Box

11-15 Push ups = Bodyweight sets, light weighted sets weeks 4-6

More than 15 Push ups = Weighted sets (Increase every 2 weeks)

 

On Tuesdays and Thursdays, sets of dumbbell rows and presses will be performed. Please use the first week to determine appropriate weights and stay with those weights for at least two weeks. Then slowly build up if you are able to keep full sets with good form. Use this as an opportunity to build more volume into your training with these movements--do not use them as your max effort strength days. Sets for all movements should move relatively quickly--weights should not be so heavy as to require several minutes of rest between sets. 

On Wednesdays, we'll work on progressions of rope climbs and handstand push ups. Again, pick a level where you can keep moving. These are warm-up movements, not your workout. 

At the end of the 6 week cycle, we'll retest your pull ups and push ups to see how much progress you've made. Cheers to another month of getting stronger! 

 

43 comments (Add your own)

1. Keltriews wrote:
Combivent Without A Prescription Buy Generic Levitra Safe Generic Propecia Finasteride 1mg

Fri, June 16, 2017 @ 8:33 AM

2. Keltriews wrote:
Best Price Online Cialis 10mg [url=http://leviprix.com/mail-order-levitra.php]Mail Order Levitra[/url] Does Amoxicillin Make You Sweat And it is not just Greece that received these loans but Italy Spain Portugal France and Ireland.If leased we Interest Only Payments up to Years. [url=http://easymoneyfast365.com]mobile loans[/url] I have a friend that posts ads a day on craigslist.A Viable Option for Poor Credit Best Payday Loan Today Payday Cash Advance Loans It can be extremely stressful and overwhelming when dealing with financial difficulties.Amoxicillin Causing Sickness [url=http://cheapcial.com/generic-cialis-100mg.php]Generic Cialis 100mg[/url] Cialis Commentaire Lasix France [url=http://levitra-buy-us.levitab.com]Levitra Buy Us[/url] Zithromax Launch Year Cialis Economico [url=http://levicost.com]generic levitra for sale[/url] Ou Trouver Priligy Pour Ligne Sans Prescription En Ligne

Thu, June 22, 2017 @ 5:08 AM

3. wrote:
I simply could not leave your website before suggesting that I
actually enjoyed the usual info an individual supply for your guests?
Is going to be back frequently in order to check out new posts

Mon, July 31, 2017 @ 10:06 PM

4. wrote:
After I initially commented I seem to have clicked on the
-Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a comment is added I recieve
four emails with the exact same comment. There has to
be an easy method you are able to remove me from that service?
Thank you!

Mon, July 31, 2017 @ 10:15 PM

5. wrote:
It's great that you are getting ideas from this piece of writing as well
as from our discussion made at this time.

Tue, August 1, 2017 @ 8:20 PM

6. wrote:
Aw, this was an exceptionally nice post. Taking a few minutes and actual
effort to make a good article… but what can I say… I hesitate a lot and never manage
to get nearly anything done.

Wed, August 2, 2017 @ 12:06 AM

7. wrote:
I love what you guys tend to be up too. This type of clever work and coverage!

Keep up the wonderful works guys I've included you guys to our blogroll.

Wed, August 2, 2017 @ 7:19 AM

8. wrote:
This article is actually a pleasant one it assists new internet
users, who are wishing in favor of blogging.

Wed, August 2, 2017 @ 8:50 AM

9. wrote:
Hi there! Do you know if they make any plugins to protect against hackers?
I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on. Any suggestions?

Wed, August 2, 2017 @ 5:00 PM

10. wrote:
Hi, this weekend is nice in support of me, for the reason that this time i am reading this impressive educational article here at my residence.

Fri, August 4, 2017 @ 6:43 AM

11. wrote:
I have fun with, lead to I found just what I was taking a
look for. You have ended my four day long hunt!
God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

Sat, August 5, 2017 @ 9:49 PM

12. wrote:
I think the admin of this web site is in fact working hard for his site, because here every stuff is quality based data.

Sun, August 6, 2017 @ 8:01 PM

13. wrote:
Thanks designed for sharing such a pleasant opinion, article is fastidious,
thats why i have read it completely

Wed, August 9, 2017 @ 9:25 AM

14. wrote:
You are so cool! I don't suppose I've read through something like that before.

So good to discover someone with a few unique thoughts on this subject matter.
Seriously.. many thanks for starting this up.
This site is something that's needed on the web, someone with some originality!

Wed, August 9, 2017 @ 12:52 PM

15. wrote:
This design is incredible! You definitely know how to keep
a reader entertained. Between your wit and your videos,
I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost...HaHa!) Fantastic job.
I really loved what you had to say, and more than that,
how you presented it. Too cool!

Thu, August 10, 2017 @ 9:42 AM

16. wrote:
Hi there everyone, it's my first visit at this site, and post is in fact fruitful in support of me, keep
up posting these types of posts.

Fri, August 11, 2017 @ 4:27 AM

17. wrote:
Can you tell us more about this? I'd want to find out more details.

Sat, August 12, 2017 @ 1:29 AM

18. wrote:
I am now not certain the place you're getting your info, however
great topic. I must spend some time studying much more or understanding more.

Thanks for wonderful information I was in search of this info for my mission.

Tue, August 15, 2017 @ 11:50 PM

19. wrote:
hi!,I really like your writing so a lot! proportion we be in contact extra approximately your article on AOL?
I require an expert on this space to unravel my problem.

May be that's you! Taking a look forward to look you.

Wed, August 16, 2017 @ 1:12 AM

20. wrote:
Great article, exactly what I needed.

Thu, August 17, 2017 @ 5:33 AM

21. wrote:
I'm extremely pleased to find this page. I wanted to thank you for
ones time just for this fantastic read!! I definitely really liked every little bit of it and I have you
saved to fav to check out new information in your website.

Thu, August 17, 2017 @ 8:47 PM

22. wrote:
Excellent weblog right here! Also your site loads up fast!
What web host are you using? Can I am getting your associate hyperlink
in your host? I wish my website loaded up as fast as yours lol

Wed, August 23, 2017 @ 11:15 AM

23. wrote:
This is my first time pay a quick visit at here and i am actually impressed to
read everthing at alone place.

Mon, August 28, 2017 @ 1:54 PM

24. wrote:
I do not even understand how I ended up here, however I assumed this put up was great.
I don't recognize who you are however certainly you're going to a famous blogger for those who are not already.

Cheers!

Mon, September 4, 2017 @ 5:11 AM

25. wrote:
Keep on writing, great job!

Mon, September 4, 2017 @ 9:49 PM

26. wrote:
Hello would you mind stating which blog platform
you're using? I'm going to start my own blog
in the near future but I'm having a tough time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.

The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I'm
looking for something completely unique. P.S Sorry for
being off-topic but I had to ask!

Mon, September 4, 2017 @ 10:04 PM

27. wrote:
Hey would you mind stating which blog platform you're using?

I'm planning to start my own blog soon but I'm having a
difficult time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something unique.

P.S Sorry for getting off-topic but I had to ask!

Tue, September 5, 2017 @ 9:07 PM

28. wrote:
Very energetic blog, I liked that bit. Will there be a part 2?

Tue, September 5, 2017 @ 10:04 PM

29. wrote:
Hey! Quick question that's completely off topic.
Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly?
My site looks weird when viewing from my iphone 4.
I'm trying to find a template or plugin that might be able to resolve this issue.

If you have any recommendations, please share. Many thanks!

Sun, September 10, 2017 @ 5:18 AM

30. wrote:
Hi, its good paragraph concerning media print,
we all know media is a great source of data.

Sun, September 10, 2017 @ 11:38 PM

31. wrote:
What i do not understood is in reality how you're not really much more well-appreciated than you may be right now.
You're so intelligent. You already know thus considerably in the case of this matter, produced me in my
view consider it from so many numerous angles. Its like men and women are not fascinated unless it is something to accomplish with Woman gaga!
Your own stuffs great. All the time maintain it up!

Tue, September 12, 2017 @ 11:25 AM

32. wrote:
When I originally commented I appear to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox
and from now on each time a comment is added I recieve 4 emails with the same comment.
Is there a way you can remove me from that service?
Appreciate it!

Tue, September 12, 2017 @ 8:22 PM

33. wrote:
I've been exploring for a bit for any high-quality articles or blog posts on this sort of space .
Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this
site. Reading this information So i am glad to express that I've a
very excellent uncanny feeling I came upon just what I needed.
I so much for sure will make certain to do not fail to remember this web site and give it
a glance on a constant basis.

Thu, September 14, 2017 @ 5:40 AM

34. wrote:
Hello there! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after
checking through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
Anyhow, I'm definitely happy I found it and I'll be book-marking
and checking back often!

Thu, September 14, 2017 @ 8:37 AM

35. wrote:
Wonderful goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you are just too excellent.
I actually like what you have acquired here, really like what you are saying and
the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still
take care of to keep it sensible. I can not wait to read far
more from you. This is actually a wonderful web site.

Fri, September 15, 2017 @ 12:15 PM

36. wrote:
Whats up are using Wordpress for your site platform? I'm new to the blog world but I'm
trying to get started and set up my own. Do you need any html coding expertise to make your own blog?

Any help would be really appreciated!

Fri, September 15, 2017 @ 12:22 PM

37. wrote:
Hello, I enjoy reading all of your article post.
I wanted to write a little comment to support you.

Fri, September 15, 2017 @ 3:23 PM

38. wrote:
Why people still make use of to read news papers when in this technological globe the whole thing is existing on web?

Sat, September 16, 2017 @ 12:35 PM

39. wrote:
Cool blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it
from somewhere? A design like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog shine.
Please let me know where you got your theme.
Thanks a lot

Sun, September 17, 2017 @ 1:54 AM

40. wrote:
Truly when someone doesn't understand then its up to
other viewers that they will help, so here it happens.

Sun, September 17, 2017 @ 2:08 AM

41. wrote:
Hi, I wish for to subscribe for this website to obtain latest updates, so where can i
do it please help.

Sun, September 17, 2017 @ 8:38 AM

42. wrote:
When some one searches for his necessary thing, thus he/she wishes to be available that in detail, so that thing is maintained over here.

Sun, September 17, 2017 @ 10:29 AM

43. wrote:
Appreciating the commitment you put into your blog and in depth information you
present. It's nice to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same out of date rehashed information. Excellent read!
I've bookmarked your site and I'm adding your RSS feeds to
my Google account.

Mon, September 18, 2017 @ 12:25 PM

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.

Contact Us

Email Us
2036 Blake St.
Berkeley, CA 94704
(510) 859-4431

Map - Location