October Athlete of the Month: Jason M!

Post Featured Image

October Athlete of the Month: Jason M!

It's a little late, but here's our October Athlete of the Month profile-- introducing Jason Morris!!!

What were you doing to stay in shape before you started with us?

I was a generalist with my exercise prior to Grassroots. I would run, bike and hike semi-regularly but never as regularly as I knew I should be.

How has working out at Grassroots impacted your life outside of the gym?


In SO many ways. Most importantly, I feel better. And feeling better has led to more smiling, brighter interactions with my family, friends, and colleagues, and a happier, healthier me. CrossFit has moved beyond something that I "do" to become a part of who I am, and I'm a better person, in part, because of what CrossFit has added to my life. I'm proud to be part of the 5:30am community, which extends beyond the gym too.

What encouragement or advice would you give to new people coming in?

Go BIG. And by big, I don't mean heavier and faster. I mean go big in your mind and give it a full three months - at least - and get over the real painful soreness. Then, you can best judge whether it's the right fit. Find a time and groove that works for you and Go BIG!

Do you have a favorite exercise or movement?

There's something about box jumping and Power Cleans that I really like.

Least favorite?

Double unders.

Do you have a favorite benchmark WOD?

Murph.

What’s your most recent PR?

255 deadlift


Do you have a power song? What gets you pumped up?

Dance Yrself Clean - LCD Soundsystem and/or Ocean - John Butler Trio

Where are you from?

I grew up on a farm in the foothills outside of Fort Collins, Colorado.

What do you do for work?

I lead the environmental education program at the Pisces Foundation in San Francisco. The Pisces Foundation is an environmental philanthropy that, through grant making, supports innovators who know what it takes and are doing what’s necessary to have clean and abundant water, a safe climate, and kids with the environmental know-how to create a sustainable world.

Any fun facts about yourself that your gym-mates don’t know about you?

I played the tuba and have chickens in my backyard.

What outside-the-gym activities you like to participate in?

Spending quality time with my wife and daughter. Live music, hiking, backpacking, fly-fishing, and so on ... these all fill my tank!

If you could describe Grassroots in five words, what would they be?

Community, early, awesome, health, and happiness.

22 comments (Add your own)

1. wrote:
RainaSkem Manchester United DanieleAr
ReggieHar Wales CaridadGo
HildaStal Inter Milan JennaWind
AundreaHa BVB Borussia Dortmund YNOPaulin
XRZTravis Sverige IreneWang
KLCStewar Schweiz MaddisonT
MildredCr Chile KristinaG
ShawnZmjr Seattle Sounders BetsyDpi
MakaylaCr Arsenal DuaneMess
DeeMelbaz Valencia FriedaTho

Wed, April 19, 2017 @ 4:26 PM

2. Keltriews wrote:
Effets Cialis 20 [url=http://cial40mg.com/how-to-buy-cialis.php]How To Buy Cialis[/url] Le Viagra De Fakone Is Cephalexin A Form Of Amoxicillin [url=http://priligy.ccrpdc.com/dapoxetene.php]Dapoxetene[/url] Comparativa Viagra Cialis Mail Order Direct Stendra Website Free Shipping [url=http://dapoxetine-buy.priliorder.com]Dapoxetine Buy[/url] Cialis In Pune Cialis Anwendung Dosierung [url=http://viacheap.com]generic viagra[/url] Broadway Services Generic Viagra Zithromax Affect Birth Control [url=http://sildenafil-dosage.via100mg.com]Sildenafil Dosage[/url] Clomid Dianabol Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Online [url=http://levitra.buylevi.com]Levitra[/url] Amoxil Cream Candidiasis Benzyl Alcohol

Thu, June 15, 2017 @ 11:03 AM

3. wrote:
Hi there would you mind stating which blog platform
you're using? I'm planning to start my own blog soon but I'm having a difficult time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something
unique. P.S Apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!

Mon, July 31, 2017 @ 10:02 PM

4. wrote:
Hey! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers?
I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on. Any tips?

Tue, August 1, 2017 @ 3:23 PM

5. wrote:
Great beat ! I would like to apprentice even as you amend your web site,
how can i subscribe for a blog web site? The account helped me a appropriate deal.
I had been a little bit familiar of this your broadcast offered vibrant
transparent idea

Thu, August 3, 2017 @ 12:21 PM

6. wrote:
Good blog you've got here.. It's hard to find high quality writing like yours these days.
I truly appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!

Thu, August 3, 2017 @ 8:53 PM

7. wrote:
If you wish for to increase your experience simply keep visiting this web
site and be updated with the most recent information posted here.

Sat, August 5, 2017 @ 11:16 AM

8. wrote:
It's going to be finish of mine day, except before
ending I am reading this great paragraph to increase my experience.

Thu, August 17, 2017 @ 1:23 PM

9. wrote:
Howdy! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with Search Engine Optimization?
I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing very good results.
If you know of any please share. Cheers!

Fri, August 18, 2017 @ 8:24 AM

10. wrote:
Good day! Do you know if they make any plugins to protect against hackers?
I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on. Any suggestions?

Fri, August 18, 2017 @ 12:50 PM

11. wrote:
Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems
as though you relied on the video to make your point.
You definitely know what youre talking about, why throw away your intelligence on just posting videos to your site when you could be giving us something
enlightening to read?

Fri, August 18, 2017 @ 1:22 PM

12. wrote:
No matter if some one searches for his necessary
thing, therefore he/she desires to be available that in detail, therefore
that thing is maintained over here.

Mon, August 21, 2017 @ 6:11 AM

13. wrote:
great issues altogether, you simply received a brand new reader.
What could you suggest about your post that you made some days ago?
Any sure?

Wed, August 23, 2017 @ 11:57 PM

14. wrote:
I savor, result in I found exactly what I used to be having a look for.
You've ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a
nice day. Bye

Mon, September 4, 2017 @ 1:22 PM

15. wrote:
Everyone loves what you guys tend to be up too. This type of clever work and coverage!
Keep up the great works guys I've included you guys to our blogroll.

Tue, September 5, 2017 @ 12:09 PM

16. wrote:
Hi, I check your new stuff daily. Your humoristic style is witty, keep it
up!

Thu, September 7, 2017 @ 7:34 PM

17. wrote:
Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an very long comment but
after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr...

well I'm not writing all that over again. Regardless,
just wanted to say wonderful blog!

Sat, September 9, 2017 @ 1:31 AM

18. wrote:
It is the best time to make some plans for the long run and it is time to be happy.
I have read this submit and if I could I desire to counsel you some attention-grabbing issues or tips.
Maybe you can write subsequent articles referring to this article.
I desire to read more things about it!

Sat, September 9, 2017 @ 4:34 PM

19. wrote:
Fascinating blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?

A design like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog shine.
Please let me know where you got your design. Kudos

Sun, September 17, 2017 @ 2:03 AM

20. wrote:
I'm no longer sure the place you are getting your info, however good topic.
I must spend a while learning much more or understanding more.
Thanks for fantastic information I was in search of this info for my mission.

Mon, September 18, 2017 @ 4:45 PM

21. wrote:
Pretty! This was an incredibly wonderful post. Many thanks for supplying this info.

Tue, September 19, 2017 @ 1:53 PM

22. wrote:
I'm very pleased to discover this website.
I need to to thank you for your time just for this wonderful read!!
I definitely loved every part of it and I have you saved to fav to look
at new stuff in your site.

Tue, September 19, 2017 @ 3:11 PM

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.

Contact Us

Email Us
2036 Blake St.
Berkeley, CA 94704
(510) 859-4431

Map - Location