Email Us 2036 Blake St. Berkeley, CA 94704
What were you doing to stay in shape before you started with us? I was doing the standard weightlifting at Cal's Rec Center, and I did not including any cardio whatsoever.
· What made you want to start? I wanted to improve my cardio, drastically and was informed by my partner, Victor-- who had been doing CrossFit for about almost a year at that point (and loved it)-- to give it a shot. So without hesitation, I joined the March On-Ramp and the rest is history.
· Since you started CrossFit, have you changed your nutrition? How was it before and what do you do now? I haven’t made any drastic changes, but I do try to eat less red meat and fried foods, which definitely made a huge difference for weight loss.
· What encouragement or advice would you give to new people coming in? I recommend that new people set goals and stick to them. It’s daunting when you see others doing what you may "perceive" to be better than you at the moment, especially when it comes to difficult workouts that involves tons of cardio or heavy weights; however, just remember to stick to it. You are your biggest competitor, and improvements comes with time.
· Do you have a favorite exercise or movement? I have a new found obsession with Cleans :).
· Least favorite? Anything involving the Assault Bike.
· What’s your most recent PR? #290 Back Squat and #190 Clean & Jerk (very proud).
· What fitness goals have you set for yourself to achieve in 2017? I definitely want to do a muscle up and reach a #135 Snatch.
· If you could have any super power, what would it be? I would love to have telekinesis.
· Do you have a power song? What gets you pumped up? I think the 7:30am class knows I always a special place in my heart for Hip Hop BBQ Mix (courtesy of Coach Jonathan)! or anything Beyonce (courtesy of Coach Atchie)! :)
· Where are you from? Chicago, IL
· Any fun facts about yourself that your gym-mates don’t know about you? I have been lifting free weights since I was 7 years old.
· What outside-the-gym activities you like to participate in? I love to write short stories, binge watch different television shows, and LOVE LOVE LOVE to eat, especially on cheat meals.
· If you could describe Grassroots in five words, what would they be? Worth Every Nickel and Dime.